It is a condition where the skin and the whites of the eyes become yellowish.
Heavy intake of oily, spicy, sour, salty, alkaline,
Intake of very hot foods; alcohol; and sesame oil
Vidahi Ahar sevan
Sleeping in the daytime,
excessive physical work,
overindulgence in sexual activity,
suppression of the natural urges
psychological factors like fear, anger, and stress
This all hetus (reasons)causes vitiation of Pitta dosha . This aggravated Pitta causes impairment of blood and the muscle tissue of the liver which leads to blockage in the channels of the liver .this aggrevated Pitta (bile) is thrown back into the blood causing discoloration of the eyes and skin.
- Haridranetrata-yellow tinct in eyes
- Haridratwak-yellowish discolouration of skin
- Haridra nakhata-Nails become yellowish
- Haridra Anana-Face become yellowish
- Rakta pitta shakrut-Faeces become red or yellow coloured
- Rakta pitta mutrata-Bloody red or dark yellow coloured urine
- Bheka varnata-Body resembles to Frog in rainy season
- Hata indriyaha-Disturbed perception of organs
- Daha-burning sensation
- Aruchi-Lack of appetite
Snehana-Intake of medicated ghee like tiktak ghruta or mahatiktaka ghrut
Mrudu virechana-Purgation by erand oil
Haritaki kalka with gomutra
Guduchi swaras with honey
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Avoid hot, spicy, oily, and heavy foods;
- eat a vegetarian diet.
- Avoid refined flour, polished rice (white rice), mustard oil, mustard seeds, asafetida, peas, canned and preserved foods, cakes, pastries, chocolates, alcoholic beverages, and aerated drinks.
- Increase intake of whole-wheat flour, brown rice or parboiled rice, mangoes, bananas, tomatoes, spinach, potatoes, Indian gooseberries (amla), grapes, radishes, lemons, dried dates, raisins, almonds, and cardamom.
- Avoid heavy exercise
- Do regular meditation
- Take complete rest.
- Avoid working under the sun or near boilers
- Intake of coffee, tea and alcohol are prohibited